After in-depth evaluations of existing commercial and open source crawlers, Redwerk`s software developers decided that developing a web crawler from scratch was in order. During the development phase and continuing through years of maintenance, our software engineers constructed a highly mature crawler capable of handling almost every single peculiarity of specific web server, and occasionally, even browser behavior.
All of this processing power functions seamlessly behind its user-friendly user interface. Additional features include:
- Automated e-mail notifications alert subscribers about broken links almost instantly
- Daily report results are visually represented on a dashboard with pie charts and graphs, which can be exported, printed emailed and shared with colleagues
- The report`s user interface allows filtering by error and file type, searching by document name and exporting link lists in CSV format
- A “Show me” function leads users through the site`s pages containing broken links via Next/Previous buttons. The broken links are highlighted in orange, making them easy to locate and quickly fix
- Users manage their accounts, customizing reports, adding, editing and removing websites through the dashboard without any changes necessary in the source code
- No software to download, order upfront or maintain. No hardware required. Just automated site scanning without any work on the user`s part.