Redwerk professionals timely delivered a highly responsive solution to run the Kooky project. Our software package included:
- Web app
- API for Kooky Boxes
- API and backend development for a mobile app
Redwerk professionals digitalized the entire process of monitoring and managing system elements such as Kooky Boxes and Kooky Cups, no matter what scale.
We scrutinized the project’s business scenario and executed adequate steps to simplify the crucial business processes. Our cooperation with this green business resulted in a solution that covers the workflow of the operations center and the partners’ portal, powering the core processes.
Operations Center: Operations center staff now can quickly get all the necessary information on all the cups and boxes in the system, manage logistics, deliveries, money transfers, and coordinate partners and users.
Partners Portal: For the Kooky partners (representatives of restaurants, cafes, and coffee-to-go spots), the system allows them to manage the cup stocks remotely and edit all the information regarding their business in the system themselves.
For the Front-End development, we opted for Vue.js with the Vuetify UI framework. This technology stack allowed us to facilitate the whole process with a wide variety of ready-made tools for shared code organization Material UI design, used for both Partners Portal and Operations Center. On this project, about 70% of code is used in a shared Partners Portal and Operations Center project.
For the Back-End development, we selected the .NET Core Framework as a powerful and most suitable technology for working with the Azure cloud platform. Together with Kooky’s founders, we envision the project’s exponential growth, including all the integral elements of the expanding business, such as an increasing number of partners and consumers. Azure cloud was chosen as the most efficient option to host such a promising solution.
Using Azure gives us an option to host micro-service architecture in the simplest way — through using Kubernetes. Such an approach easies the services’ orchestration for better performance and troubleshooting high server loads.
Here is a condensed overview of the functionality we developed from scratch:
- Kooky Cups management. With our system, project partners (cafes, restaurants, co-working spaces, and coffee-to-go spots) can order and pay for cups, also managing their delivery.
- Batching. Cups are delivered in batches. The app enables intuitive batches’ forming and management through QR codes.
- Kooky Box synchronization. The platform allows users to add new Kooky Boxes (including the location) and monitor their operations. The system contains data on every Kooky Box, enabling operators to audit their actual storage capacity and technical characteristics.
- Interactive map. The map allows the users to locate Kooky partners as well as Kooky Boxes with all the actual information.
- Adding partners’ locations with Geocoding API. Google Geocoding API allows for an effortless address converting into geographic coordinates to place markers on a map.